Effective date: March 01, 2019
ByteTech JSC ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://bytetech.io
websites (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
Personal Data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following about you:
- Personal data that you provide through this Website, over the phone, by email, in person, or in other forms of interaction with us such as, but not limited, to your name, picture, address, gender, date of birth, telephone number, email address, product use behaviors. This includes personal data provided to us at any time when you make an enquiry to ByteTech by phone or via the Website or other ByteTech managed media sites and applications and relevant websites, subscribe to our service, post material, create an account on our websites or in our mobile applications, request further services, register for our trainings/seminars or membership for our newsletters, interact with our customer service officer, respond to our marketing representatives and agents, submit your job application either directly or indirectly through any third party platform, websites or agencies, register at our visitor log book, or when you submit your personal data to us for any other reasons and/or when we collect your personal data by other lawful means. We may also ask you for your personal data when you enter or participate in conferences, campaigns, seminars, competitions, offers, programs or promotions sponsored or managed by ByteTech, and when you report a problem or issue to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to respond to surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to ByteTech offices or the Website and the areas or resources that you access, including date, data and time, pages viewed, response time and interaction with the Website.
- Technical information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about the Website users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Business contact information such as contact details of employees of our suppliers, contractors, agents, vendors and corporate customers.
Provision of your personal data to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with the required data or you withdraw your consent to the use of any or all of your personal data, you may not be able to use certain functions of the Website and we may not be able to provide you with certain services which you have requested.
The Website and Services use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Activation, deactivation and deletion of cookies
More information with regard to activation, deactivation and deletion of cookies can be found in the instructions via the help-functionality of your web browser.
Responsibility for data provide to us
- All the personal data you provide us will be held in or transferred to a database or servers maintained by ByteTech JSC located in Singapore and Vietnam or affiliates or other trusted third parties (GCP, AWS) based in other countries, depending on operational requirements, so that they may process personal data on our behalf. You should be aware that the protection of such data in such countries may be different than required under the laws of your country of residence. However, your personal data or a copy of your personal data will be held or stored in local databases or servers to the extent required under local laws.
- You are responsible for ensuring all personal data provided to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once we have received your personal data, ByteTech uses strict procedures and security features to protect your personal data.
- If you have questions, comments or concerns about how we handle the personal data provided by you, please contact Customer Support, details of which are set out below. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. If your password is lost or compromised for any reason, please contact us immediately to change your password.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you for the following purposes:
To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, such as by developing, personalizing, and providing advertising and experience tailored to your interest.
To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, such as, by sending promotional e-mail messages, newsletters and promotional SMS/ZNS/Viber/etc messages and contacting potential product testers.
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
To deliver samples, products and information, or develop new products and services.
To allow you to participate or enroll in interactive features, contest, programs or offers of our service, when you choose to do so.
To notify you about changes to our service or products.
To respond to your queries, feedback, suggestions, complaints or comments.
To make available a service through which you can receive text or other types of messages from Omron such as SMSSMS/ZNS/Viber/etc on your mobile device.
To ensure compliance with company policies, regulatory obligations and applicable laws.
To carry out research, planning and statistical analysis.
To assess your suitability as part of ByteTech’s hiring and recruitment process.
For any other legitimate business purposes.
Unless you have indicated otherwise, we may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these. Further, in case of purchase of our online products, any personal data may be used to process payment for purchases, subject to any privacy policies separately provided at the online store site. You may withdraw your consent for receiving promotional or marketing materials at any time by using the contact details at the bottom of this Policy or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link which is embedded in the relevant email or message. Please note that if you unsubscribe we may still send you service related emails, such as product purchase receipts.
Disclosure of Your information
ByteTech will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorized disclosure. Your personal data may be used for the purposes of sending you promotional information about our products or services and any other purposes described herein.
- Our trusted third party agencies on advertising, marketing and promotion to help us deliver and analyze the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, events and promotions.
- Our business partners for a co-promotion or joint program with ByteTech.
- Our trusted third party service providers to perform variety of business operations on behalf of ByteTech, such as service requests and answering inquiries, hosting websites, data processing and delivering our email or other communications.
- Web analytics tool providers, such as Google.
- Third party vendor for remarketing services, including Google’s ‘Customer Match’ and Facebook’s ‘Custom Audience’ to display ads (this means we may upload the contact information to third party vendors who perform remarketing services on our behalf).
Further, we may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ByteTech or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To protect and defend the rights and property of ByteTech (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions) and conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws, and to protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or meet enforceable government requests whether within or outside Vietnam.
In sharing your personal data, we endeavour to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal data secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal information only for as long as they need your personal information to achieve the abovementioned purposes. In disclosing or transferring your personal data to third parties and our affiliates located overseas, ByteTech takes steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the laws of Vietnam or that other adequate safeguards are in place.
ByteTech will retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal or business purposes of ByteTech, in accordance with ByteTech’s general retention policy or as required by relevant laws. Information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised (and the anonymised information will be retained) or securely destroyed.
- If you wish to access, correct and supplement the personal data that ByteTech holds about you or wish to withdraw your consent for or limit the processing of your personal data or if you wish to make any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, or register an objection in connection with your particular personal circumstances or if you would like to unsubscribe from any ByteTech mailing list, please contact us by using the contact details at the bottom of this Policy.
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, ByteTech will honor your request or objection, or inform you as to whether and, if so, to what extent it is complying therewith within 30 days or such other time as is reasonable after we receive such request or objection.
- To prevent misuse and meet your request or objection we might ask you to adequately identify yourself and/or provide other information that enables us to locate your personal data. If you request access to personal data linked to a cookie, you must send us a copy of the relevant cookie, which can be found via your web browser preferences.
Personal data from minors and other individuals
- ByteTech does not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under 18 years of age or as defined as a minor by local legal requirements (“minor”). As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow a minor under your care to submit personal data to us. In the event that such personal data is provided to us, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s personal data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
- If you provide personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members, friends or employees) you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide such individuals’ personal data to ByteTech and you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Policy.
Questions, complaints, comments and requests regarding this Policy or our compliance with applicable privacy laws are welcomed and should be addressed to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Floor 5th, No. 376 Vo Van Tan, Ward 5, District 3, HCMC, Vietnam
This Policy is written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
This Policy was last updated on 01/12/2021.